Thursday 26 January 2017

Day 2, Bega to North Avoca.

31st July, 2011. Day 2..

Odo start of Day - 2,034k

Odo end of Day - 2,595k

Distance travelled today - 561k


Accommodation, Crashed at a mates place......


Today started off with the sound of rain pelting the roof of the Grand Hotel in Bega at 5am…

I had to put the camera in the middle of main street to take this long exposure, it was pitch black so excuse the crappy framing.



After trying to get back to sleep i finally gave up and decided to hit the road early. 6:30 saw me packed up and ready to go. I decided to take the tourist drive out of Bega, it was wet, dark and freezing when i left the pub, i took it slow, deciding that i'd rather stay upright than risk an off dogging a roo at sunrise. I was greeted with a lovely sunrise at Tathra, 



I proceeded through Tanja, Bermagui, Moruya then the George Bass Way to Batemans Bay. It was then the Pacific Hwy onto Ulladulla for Breakfast… Well a hot Chocolate and a tank of fuel for the bike.

It was then back onto the Pacific to Nowra where i took the back way through Coolangatta and Gerroa it was then back to the Pacific until i took the Shellharbour road into the back of Wollongong. My plan had me using the Sea Cliff Bridge and Royal National Park as my entry into Sydney. 

Bikes parked at the lookout for Seacliff Bridge...




I then stupidly used my GPS to get me through Sydney bypassing the Toll Roads… I should of just paid the money, the ride to the Sydney - Newcastle Freeway was atrocious, never again. I always liked Sydney drivers, they were aggressive but courteous in days gone by, Today they all seemed like lemmings sitting in the right lane sitting 10kph under the limit… Maybe it was just Sunday???

I finally arrived at my destination in North Avoca at 3:45 pm, so a total of almost 9 hours on the bike, covering 550k's according to my Zumo.

We ended up at the local Surf Life Saving club, where the very cheap alcohol was consumed in generous quantities, hence why i am writing this at midnight, lets hope it makes sense… Some how i don't think it will be an early start tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.